Well, if there’s one bright side to spending all of July studying, it’s that it kept me from blowing my budget! I mean there was no point in buying a ton of new clothes when I was spending most of my time at home in sweats. But let’s not talk about the Bar anymore – IT’S OVER! Instead, let’s take a look back at the good part of July: the shopping.
- +$93 ($150 starting budget minus $57 overspent in June…whoops)
- +$103 (blog income)
- +$32 (sold old clothes)
What I spent:
- -$59 on an embroidered chambray dress from Madewell (orig. $148, on extra sale)
- -$37 on a floral top and skirt from J. Crew (total orig. $226, on extra sale, plus I had a $50 gift card!)
- -$30 on a striped maxi dress from Target (of course NOW it’s on sale)
- -$67 on a striped tee, pineapple tee, and polka dot tee from Ann Taylor (orig. total $123, minus $50-off deal, minus $20 credit card rewards)
- -$28 on a cork clutch from C. Wonder (orig. $54, on sale)
=$221 (total retail value: $581 (I’m awesome))
What I received:
- Rainbow pastel watercolor Moroccan tote bag courtesy of Redbubble
- Jeff Koons for H&M balloon dog bag courtesy of H&M
- I also won the orange suede sandals pictured above from Shoemint! Lucky me!
As usual, I’m linking up with the other Budgeting Bloggers at Franish.