March 2014 was another great month of shopping for this girl! And no, that $571 budget is NOT an April Fool’s joke. Thanks to a lot of closet purging, I was able to pump up my budget by more than $200! The discovery of a couple women’s resale boutiques near me has pretty much changed my life…well, the part of my life that involves shopping anyway.
In March, I got A LOT of tops, shoes, and accessories. So for April I might try to find more dresses and bottoms. But I already have my eye on a couple more pairs of heels…what can I say, I’m on a roll. I’m also on a roll with getting some good deals; below I’ll show you not just what I spent, but what I would have spent on all this stuff at full price. I was lucky to have a couple of gift cards burning a hole in my wallet, plus I took advantage of several store promotions.
Without further ado, here’s the breakdown for March’s budget…
- +$212 ($150 starting amount + $62 unspent in February)
- +$135 (blog income)
- +$224 (sold old clothes…a lot of them!)
What I Spent
- -$63 on a colorblock bag, statement necklace, and d’orsay flats from Target (total retail $78, minus 20% promo)
- -$45 on designer aviator sunglasses from Nordstrom Rack (not pictured) (~$150 retail, Rack price $65, minus $20 gift card)
- -$100 on teardrop earrings, statement necklace, nautical tee, and embellished sweatshirt from J. Crew Factory (total orig. $183, minus special promo and $25 gift card)
- -$59 on a striped tee and jeweled clutch from Loft (total orig. $83, minus promo)
- -$85 on t-strap heels and black & gold wedges from Shoemint (total orig. $138, one pair on sale plus another promo)
- -$52 on blush suede pumps from Sole Society (orig. $69)
- -$54 on a pale blue sweater, mint blouse, peter pan collar blouse, and retro sunglasses from Loft (total orig. $186!! Everything was 40% off, plus I got 15% for opening a Loft card, and had 2 $25 off cards from my purchase earlier in the month!)
- -$67 on red d’orsay pumps from Zappos (retail $69)
- -$25 on silver pumps from Asos ($47 minus 10% student discount, minus money on a gift card I forgot I had left!)
= $550 (total retail value…drumroll please… $1,003!)
What I Received (gifted item)
- Norah Pendant courtesy of Stella & Dot
There you have it…another successful budget month is complete! I can’t wait to check out how the rest of the Budgeting Bloggers did!