Welcome to another installment of the “How to Wear” series. This time we’re talking about the ever (and perhaps over) popular bubble necklace. I’ll admit this style has become a little overdone in the fashion and style blogosphere. HOWEVER, in my everyday life, I’ve yet to run into anyone else wearing one. Not that I’ve noticed, anyway. This leads me to believe that – at least in Indianapolis – the bubble necklace is not a huge mainstream trend, and people might still have at least a tiny bit of interest in seeing my thoughts on what to wear with one. If you’re sick and tired of seeing these damn necklaces, feel free to leave now (but come back soon…pretty please).
So without further ado, here are 5 ways I have styled my neon green bubble necklace:
1. Make something bold even bolder by putting your statement necklace over a bright print
2. Jazz up a casual top like chambray (this might be my favorite combo)
3. Make the necklace the center of attention by adding it to a monochrome outfit
4. Play with the color wheel and put your necklace against its color opposite (red/green, blue/orange, yellow/violet)
5. Wear it to work with a shift dress and jacket
Find your own bubble necklace in a range of colors and prices!
- J. Crew, $150 (it’s real gold, that’s why)
- Last Call, $44 (this one’s a little different but I love it!)
- Francesca’s, $38 (mint)
- Max & Chloe, $32 (cream)
- JC Penny, $20
Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin’, even if you hate bubble necklaces. I promise I wear other jewelry.